Saturday, November 5, 2011

Deer Sausage Breakfast Casserole

A friend recently gave me some well-seasoned deer sausage, and I noticed I had some onion rolls that were a few days old in the refrigerator. Since the sausage has a sort of breakfast flavor, I decided to make some sort of breakfast casserole using the onion rolls as the filling. This was not meant to be anything super special so I just improvised with what I had available.
  • Browned seasoned deer sausage
  • Sautéed chopped onion and garlic
  • Tomato paste
  • 3 onion rolls torn into pieces
  • 5 whole whisked eggs
  • Cheese
  • Oregano, salt, pepper

While preparing the filling, I forgot to include the cheese as I had originally intended, so I used it as a topping. Obviously any breakfast casserole should have lots of cheese INSIDE the casserole!


No comments:

Post a Comment