Friday, January 6, 2012

Mixed Seafood Rice Noodle

I had a bag of frozen mixed seafood (squid, octopus, shrimp, etc) and a few rice noodles of course I had to make a quick and easy stir fry. The trick to cooking with chewy seafood like that is to sear it on really high heat in the oil. Even the octopus pieces are fairly palatable when cooked like that.

All the raw ingredients... The sauce is a shrimp paste-fish sauce mixture with a little sugar and water and who knows what else I added, thickened at the very end with a dab of cornstarch slurry:

Searing the seafood and garlic on high heat. When I stir fry, my wok never leaves high heat:


I added some cabbage at the end just because it was in the fridge and the secret ingredient--those tom yum coated peanuts I bought from Cho a Dong:

No comments:

Post a Comment