Friday, January 6, 2012

Thai Fish Soup

Like usual, I was in the mood for something the clear the sinuses....so I decided to make Thai fish soup with some fish I had in the freezer and some veggies I had on hand. It was really good although the fish was really, well, fishy. I'd love to make this exact same thing again with jumbo scallops instead. I like to use the tom yum paste and a little shrimp sauce to make the base. Add lots of fish sauce, a little sugar, garlic, ginger, peppers, basil, and a little coconut milk to add a little richness but not enough to make it thick. You could literally drink this stuff.





Something about the beauty of paying half price for fresh veggies (at a farmer's market) and getting something that actually looks like it was grown in a garden and not some hydroponic lab on the moon... Looking at this onion makes me want to make some sort of cream cheese and crab dip loaded with the onion and smear it on some garlic-toasted crostini...



1 comment: