Friday, January 6, 2012

Seared Tuna Salad

I recently had a version of this dish from J. Mark's in Fort Lauderdale and I was really impressed with the combination of a delicious salad with wonderfully seasoned cuts of seared tuna, so I came home and made it. I wanted more crunch in my salad, so I tossed the sliced zucchini and red peppers in Asian sesame dressing and herbs and slightly stir fried them for a minute to take away that raw flavor but still keep them crunchy. I seasoned the tuna steak with salt, pepper, and cayenne, drenched in the Asian sesame dressing, and dredged in seasoned bread crumbs and cayenne. I seared the tuna over very high just long enough to set the breading. I want my tuna completely raw inside! I do have to say this is one of the best plates I have ever made and I can't wait to make it again. I want to change up the ingredients and do a completely different take on your typical seared tuna.



This was the plate I had from J. Mark's. Which one looks better? Mine cost 1/3rd the price to make and had 3 times as much fish on the plate, so I'll go with mine! I do like the pieces of ripe mango, I'll have to try that in mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment