Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pozole Rojo, Baked Picadillo Meatloaf

After watching Food Network all weekend I was inspired to try a different kind of pozole than I've made before. I also saw this picadillo meatloaf served at some Puerto Rican restaurant.

The pozole rojo was made by browning pig tails and pork boneless ribs with garlic, onions, etc. and then pressure cooking them. Then I added a puree of onions, vegetables, red chilis, tomatoes and spices and cooked until it was done. I forgot the avocados for garnish...

The picadillo meatloaf is full of adobo seasoning, tomatoes, olives, and other spices. The bottom layer is platanos maduros with an egg crust topped with pepperjack cheese and paprika.

Verdict:
I prefer making pozole verde with chicken and tomatillos, it just has more flavor. The picadillo was okay but since I didn't grow up eating that, it doesn't really capture my attention much. It's hard to make ground beef have any other flavor besides, well, beef.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment